Tuesday 6 March 2018

Book Recommendations for Spring Snow Days

Because the weather is crazy in the UK and has decided to mix up all the seasons (I'm convinced the apocalypse is upon us), I've decided to make the most of it and turn it into a book recommendations post. I'm going to recommend four books with wintery settings or covers that can get you into a wintery spirit even though it's spring... because that's how things are working this year.
(Also enjoy nice snowy photos of me along the way...)


Unravel Me- Tahereh Mafi
Unravel Me is the second book in the Shatter me series and I've picked it because it has a nice wintery cover which just happens to be stunning even if it has no regard to the plot whatsoever. This series follows Juliette who has a curse gift where everyone she touches dies. If that sounds interesting... read the books, because it is interesting. I love this series so much and can't wait for the fourth instalment, Restore Me, to come out this month.
Unravel Me Book Talk


This is What Goodbye Looks Like- Olivia Rivers
Switching to a contemporary stand alone, This is What Goodbye Looks Like, is actually set in winter for the most part. This means cute pictures and flirting with your ship in the snow. I've read this book twice and I loved it just as much both times. It has a lovely blend of romance, internal struggle and an edge of mystery that surrounds the whole thing.
The is What Goodbye Looks Like Book Talk




Winter- Marissa Meyer
Winter is the finale of the Lunar Chronicles and it's one of the best finale books I've ever read. Coming in at an impressive but intimidating 800+ pages (!!!), this book has everything you could possibly want in a book; humour, romance and a whole lot of action. The Lunar Chronicles is a bunch of beautifully crafted fairy tale retellings with sci-fi twists and it's just so good!!
Winter Book Talk



Falling Kingdoms series- Morgan Rhodes

I'm including this series because I've just recently finished it and it was amazing! Within the scope of the books, we spent a fair amount of time in Limeros which is in a constant state of winter (so, this totally fits in with these wintery book recommendations... if only loosely). I would compare the Falling Kingdom series to Game of Thrones and the Throne of Glass series because it's an epic high fantasy novel with romance, action and even more epicness!!
Falling Kingdoms Book Talk



Thanks for reading! Feel free to comment your thoughts. Stay amazing!
Chloe

No comments:

Post a Comment