Saturday 18 November 2017

Book Tattoos?

I've always wanted a tattoo when I'm older and, of course, it would be book related- a tribute, of sorts, to honour my favourite books and quotes. So, I thought it'd be interesting for me to share some designs that I really love and the reason behind me maybe someday wanting them permanently inked
on my skin.

Quotes
I'll likely get a quote but the only problem is that I have a real struggle picking which one- I love so many! At the moment, my favourite is: she reads books as one would breathe air; to fill up and live. I adore this quote but maybe think it's too long? I want a small tattoo, not a giant one.

Markings
I would then probably surround the quote with little markings representing my favourite reads- again a problem of this would be that my favourite reads always change- it'd have to be something really close and important to me. The obvious choices for little symbols is the deathly hallows and a small Shadowhunter rune or something.



Sarah J. Maas
It's a well-known fact that Sarah J. Maas has produced some of my favourite ever characters and books. And I think it's pretty safe to say that a tattoo of her work is definitely on the cards.
I love the Night Court symbol from A Court of Mist and Fury by Sarah J. Maas and have seen many different designs that work beautifully for a tattoo. Sarah J. Maas also has a collection of quotes that work stunningly for a tattoo.

























Animals
I've also said before in my Blood for Blood Book Talk that I love the design of a wolf and a lion. It has significant links to the Wolf by Wolf duology (in a heart-breaking way) but can also be linked to other fandoms- such as Game of Thrones. The idea of a wolf and a lion has very nice connotations and interpretations but I don't think I'd ever be brave enough to get this one.









Thanks for reading! Feel free to comment your thoughts- do you have any bookish tattoos? Stay amazing!
Chloe

7 comments:

  1. Great idea - can I borrow it? I'll link back to you! It's been a constant joke amongst my friends that if I got tattoos that I would be covered in an entire novel.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Go for it! Please comment a link so I can check it out! Intrigued to see what you come up with!
      Xx

      Delete
    2. Here's my list!: https://clockworkbibliotheca.blogspot.com/2017/11/bookish-tattoos.html

      It was fun to try and find ideas.

      Delete
    3. I love some of your ideas! Great post xx

      Delete
  2. This is really exciting, You’re an especially skilled writer. I’ve enrolled with your feed plus look ahead to enjoying the excellent write-ups. Additionally, I’ve shared your web sites inside our myspace. check my blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. TKTX Numbing Cream for tattoos in U.S. Warehousing, Shipped within 48 hours, Price $14.99, Free shipping, Large discounts automatically when you buy 2 or more. tktx numbing cream

    ReplyDelete