Saturday 14 October 2017

Westworld Book Tag - Original Tag


I've always wanted to create a Book Tag but have never found a topic that hasn't been done before. After watching Westworld, I really wanted to do a tag of it but found none already made.... enter me. I came up with eleven bookish questions about Westworld which I'm so excited to post!
I tag anyone that loves Westworld and wants to do this tag!!!




1. Dolores- A 'damsel' that redefines the word by saving herself
Celestine- Flawed duology by Cecelia Ahern
Celestine is your classic damsel in distress when beginning this book. Everyone else is trying to help her and save her but she's undergoes massive character development and helps herself. She grows so much as a character and she stands up for what she believes in. I love his duology so much and Celestine's independence is a major reason why.


2. Bernard- A book with a shocking twist
We Were Liars- E. Lockhart
We Were Liars is one of my all time favourite contemporaries. The writing style is poetic and beautiful, striking and thought-provoking. The plot is so deep and has so many layers. And, ultimately, yes there is a plot twist. Once I finished this book for the first time, I went straight back to the beginning to re-read it and spot all the obvious pieces of foreshadowing. Why? To make myself feel like an idiot. Just like I did with Westworld.



3. Maeve- A great parental figure
Magnus and Alec- Shadowhunter Chronicles by Cassandra Clare
Malec is a very popular ship and I'm happy to go with the flow on this one. In recent Cassie Clare books, we've seen glimpses of Malec and their adopted children and it's the cutest thing ever! Like Maeve, they're dedicated to their children even though they may not be biologically related.




4. Teddy- A book that has lots of death 
Game of Thrones- George R.R. Martin
This series is famous for the death toll within the story. And still, despite the overwhelming, emotional pain, it's undeniably addictive and all-consuming. Yes, the deaths are heart-breaking but... the majority of the population is still invested so, obviously, we like torturing ourselves.



5. Man in Black- An antagonist with a compelling backstory 
Catherine (Queen of Hearts)- Heartless by Marissa Meyer
Heartless is such a tragic story. We all know the fate of the Queen of Hearts but reading her past and watching her whole character deteriorate through her experiences is heart-breaking! It's such a compelling and unique backstory to this character and, like with the Lunar Chronicles, Marissa Meyer is truly the Queen of Fairytale Retellings.


6. Ford- A character with a big master plan
Amy- Gone Girl by Gillian Clarke
Both Ford and Amy are extremely clever but... they're on considerably different sides of crazy. They're both such interesting and well-developed characters but intimidating in the strictest sense of the word.


7. Lawrence - A lovable rogue character
Carswell Thorne- The Lunar Chronicles by Marissa Meyer
Thorne is the biggest lovable rogue- easily. He's not the best guy morally (the first time we see him, he's in prison) but I don't know a single person alive that hasn't loved Thorne when reading this series (feel free to contradict me in the comments. I dare you.). He's such a sassy, funny but caring character and he makes the whole series a treat to read.


8. Logan- The amusing asshole character 
Peter- Divegent series by Vernoica Roth
For me, Peter is exactly like Logan. They're supposed to be the asshole character but they just make me laugh too much for hatred to come into the equation. Sure, they both do terrible things but laughter is the way to anyone's heart. And I'm won over easily.




9. Clementine- A book with a lot of smut
A Court of Mist and Fury- Sarah. J. Maas
What's a Book Tag without me mentioning my favourite book?
ACOMAF has the perfect proportions of political intrigue, war strategy, empowering heroine kicking ass and sexy time- extremely well-written sexy time with the world's most sexiest fictional couple (yes, I've brought it upon myself to award Feysand that title). Read it and you'll totally see where I'm coming from.


10. Elsie - A book that needs a sequel
The Host- Stephanie Meyer
The Host (ha ha, that ties in with Westworld nicely) definitely needed a sequel. These characters are so brilliant (not Twilight 'brilliant', I promise) and I would love to read their journey of reclaiming the earth for humans.




BONUS: A book with violent delights and violent ends (take this question as you wish)
Undone- Cat Clarke
This contemporary read has a flurry of violent delights with the character growth, relationships and humour spread throughout. However, violent ends are quick to occur through the overwhelming themes of betrayal, lies, grief and death. This is one of my all-time favourite standalones and it takes this Shakespearean phrase to a whole new level.




Thanks for reading! Feel free to comment your thoughts and add a link if you did this tag- I'd love to see your answers! Stay amazing!
Chloe

4 comments:

  1. Great tag! I actually was planning to try making one myself (I have a couple of ideas...hopefully I can pull it off). I'd do yours, but I actually haven't had a chance to start Westworld yet. It's on my list though, so when I do, I'll do your tag!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You could totally pull off creating a tag! And you should definitely start Westworld as quick as you can- it's amazing.
      If and when do this tag (or any others) please comment a link so I can see your answers!
      Thanks
      xx

      Delete
  2. Ugh, sorry! Autocorrect got me!

    Awesome tag!! I need to get around to watching Westworld!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You definitely need to watch Westworld- there are no words for how great it is.
      Thanks!
      xx

      Delete