Thursday 21 September 2017

Game of Thrones 3x04 'And Now His Watch Is Ended' TV TALK

Despite the poor grammar in the title of this episode, I freaking loved it!
Every Game of Thrones episode is insanely clever but I found this one more so, uncovering scheming plans from some of the most intelligent characters I've ever seen (I'm looking at you, Baelish).

Warning: I make a lot of shameless hand puns in this review. (And yes, I'm super proud).

TV TALKS:
Season 1:  1x01  |  1x02  |  1x03  |  1x04  |  1x05  |  1x06  |  1x07  |  1x08  |  1x09  |  1x10
Season 2:  2x01  |  2x02  |  2x03  |  2x04  |  2x05  |  2x06  |  2x07  |  2x08  |  2x09  |  2x10
Season 3:  3x01  |  3x02  |  3x03

SPOILERS AHEAD- SPOILERS AHEAD- SPOILERS AHEAD- SPOILERS AHEAD- SPOILERS AHEAD
We see Jaime in this episode which is great but he's seen better days. Poor guy- he's literally wearing his chopped off hand around his neck! He makes an attempt to fight the Boltons and get away- and when he almost gains the upper hand, he fails. But you've gotta hand it to him; he gave it a good try despite him having his hands full. Brienne joins in and the two are working together hand in glove but. really, they just play into Bolton's hands because they don't achieve anything.
Brienne then goes on to ask him why he saved her earlier from getting raped and he replies with silence. I do quite like the idea of them together but, on the other hand.... nope; I just like them together.
(I hope you appreciated all that).

We surprisingly had no Jon Snow today but Samwell entertained our screen from above the Wall. The Night's Watch has taken up residence with Craster once more but things didn't go as smoothly as they did last time. There was an uprising against Crastor which resulted in not only him but also Mormont dead. Sam's now run off with Gilly and her newborn son to prevent them all from being murdered. We'll see how successfully that goes...
Over with Arya, she and Gendry are safe and sound with the Brotherhood without banners and they've finally made it to some camp that the Brotherhood have? We were introduced to Beric Dondarrion who has called a trial by combat against the Hound which.... I was relieved at because, for a moment, I thought he was going to make Arya fight.
We saw Theon which I never usually like but- shock horror- I did in this episode! Mainly because his hope just got shredded and stomped on.... really, it was a beautiful sight. He finally feels guilty for turning on Robb and we have this new character who pretended that he was helping Theon escape, only to bring him back to captivity and torture. I'm sure, if this random guy did that to a character I love, I'd want to to kill him but, at the moment, I'm starting to love this psychopath!
A lot happened in Kings Landing this episode- mainly revolving around Baelish's plans when, ironically, he didn't even show in the whole episode.
Varys has a talk with Lady Olenna about Baelish's more than likely plans to marry Sansa and take the North when Robb is killed. To stop this, Margaery befriends Sansa (who's so sadly desperate for a friend) and mentions the idea of Sansa marrying Loras. Now, after being engaged to Joffrey, I'm not surprised that Sansa seems ecstatic about being engaged to Loras.
Maragery is also being a busy bee with manipulating Joffrey. I do think that she would be able to somehow make Joffrey a marginally better person (if that's even capable) because he seems to do whatever she says. Cersei seems to be the only one who can see Margaery's clever approach and she brings it up with Tywin who says that he's going to try and control Joffrey's decisions a bit more (good luck with that, old man).
We had very little Tyrion in this episode (no pun intended) who went to Varys when thinking about revenge on Cersei on trying to kill him. We had the story of how Varys got cut and....yeah. That happened.
Finally, we had Dany who I love!! This ending was so epic and I'd actually seen this end scene long before I ever started the show.
Khaleesi gives over her biggest dragon- Drogon- but it was all a big trick because she soon unveils that she can speak Valyrian, orders the Unsullied to kill all the masters and, ultimately, gets her dragon back.  It's such an epic scene!
So, Dany now has an army of 8,000 Unsullied and three dragons! That's what I'm talking about!!! Dany is no doubt my favourite character of this entire show!

Thanks for reading! Feel free to comment your thoughts. Stay amazing!
Chloe

No comments:

Post a Comment