Tuesday 15 August 2017

The Lunar Chronicles BOOK TAG

I was in the mood to do a tag so I searched, on a whim, for a tag centred on the Lunar Chronicles because it's one of my favourite series! Lo and behold, there was a tag! I go it from Book Addict Guide so go check out their post!
If you haven't read The Lunar Chronicles, you can still read this tag as there are NO SPOILERS. But, still, what are you doing with your life if you haven't read this series? Get on that.



Cinder | The Cyborg - A book that's often misunderstood or underappreciated
Undone by Cat Clarke
I will forever go on about this book until everyone has read it. This is my Depressing December read which I re-read every year because I feel like it's a wintery book. (Though it has nothing to do with winter...)




Kai | The Prince - A book about royalty
Heartless by Marissa Meyer
This book follows the story of how the infamous Queen of Hearts came to be.
I loved this book- it was clever, gripping and I have never appreciated a final sentence as much as I did in this book. For any fairytale lovers, this is a must. (Plus, Marissa Meyer also wrote the Lunar Chronicles so... of course it's amazing).







Adri | The Evil Stepmother - A book with a horrible/cringe-worthy parent
Shadow of a Girl by Shannon Greenland
Eve's father sets up all the action and creates the whole premise of the novel. I can't imagine having a father like this. Eve goes through so much because of him and if I ever met someone like him, I'd want to beat the hell out of them. He truly is a disgusting parent.






Iko | The Spunky Sidekick - A book with your favourite happy-go-lucky character
Kenji- Shatter Me series by Tahereh Mafi
Kenji is the best side-kick character ever!! He has such an amazingly adorable bond with the protagonist, Juliette, and he's the funniest guy ever. I love every page that he's on because he is simply fabulous.







Scarlet | The Rescuer - A book with a character on a mission

Adelina- The Young Elites by Marie Lu
Adelina may be a morally-grey character but you can't deny that she sure has a goal in mind and fights for it. I loved Adelina because she screws the lines between good and bad and, if anyone's on a mission, it's definitely her.





Wolf | The Fighter - A book with a brutal fight (with words or fists)
Empire of Storms- Sarah J. Maas
There's one battle scene in this book with a certain shape-shifter and a sea monster... it blew me away. It was so intense and epic. Sarah J . Maas just has a way of writing fight scenes and this particular fight always sticks in my head.






Levana | The Villain - A book with the absolute worst villain 
Adolf Hitler-Wolf by Wolf duology by Ryan Graudin (also real life...)
I think what makes Hitler the worst villain is that he was real!







Throne | The Rascal - A book with the biggest schmoozer
Cassian- A Court of Mist and Fury by Sarah J. Maas
You thought I'd make it through a tag without mentioning my favourite SJM book? 
I was debating between putting Rhysand but stuck with Cassian because he has just a funny and sassy personality. He's such an entertaining character to read.



Cress | The Hacker - A book about technology, or sci-fi
The Lux series- Jennifer L. Armentrout
And, now's the time to mention my other favourite author. These books are the best alien series I've ever read. The protagonist is a nerdy book blogger which makes everything so much better while the love interest is sassy and charming in every way. What more could you want?


Erland | The Doctor - A book with an illness or revolving around medical issues
Everything Everything- Nicola Yoon
This book is literally about a girl who's allergic to everything so.... it definitely has a medical presence. I liked this book, as far as contemporaries go, but it sure isn't my favourite. I still haven't seen the movie get and really want to see how well it stuck to the book.






Winter | The Unsound Mind - A book with the craziest character you've ever read
Amy- Gone Girl by Gillian Clarke
Amy and Winter are two completely different sides of crazy.... but they're both crazy. Amy is a psychotic but genius type of crazy. Gone Girl is such an addictive thriller and the plot is just too clever for words.
But Amy is totally cray-cray.




Jacin | The Soldier - A book with a military theme
An Ember in the Ashes by Sabaa Tahir
I read this book ages ago and honestly don't remember too much about it but I do know that it has a strong military presence. I really do need to re-read it and then move onto the sequel which I still don't even own. From what I can remember, I did really enjoy this book.




Thanks for reading! Feel free to comment your thoughts! Stay amazing!
Chloe

2 comments:

  1. I know I need to read these books, trust me it's a problem!! The other day I was really in the mood to read them but I didn't have them with me which was very annoying.
    Also how did you get all the photos so neat? That would have killed me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Chloe's cause of death: frantically organising pictures because she just wanted it to be pretty!!!

      Delete